As your trusted partner for paper shredding and electronics recycling, our team is committed to providing you with the best customer experience and compliant data destruction solutions.
With your increased use of connected devices comes the growing demand for secure hard drives and media destruction. We properly process your devices to safely dispose of stored information. SecureShred adheres to top security practices and is compliant with all applicable data protection laws and international electronics recycling standards.
Residential recycling is free for Porter County residents.
Your electronics can be dropped off at our SecureShred facility.
Interested in our electronics recycling program for your business?
To better serve and protect our customers, business electronics recycling drop-offs must schedule an appointment, prior to drop-off. Thank you for your cooperation.
Electronic devices being accepted include:
- Answering Machines
- Battery Backups and Uninterruptible
Power Supplies (UPS)
- Cellular/Mobile Phones
- Christmas Tree Lights
- Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- Desktop Computers
- DVD/CD Players
- Fax Machines
- Ink Cartridges
- Mail-room Equipment
- Monitors (CRT and LCD)
- Networking Equipment and Cables
- Point of Sale Equipment
- Power and Accessory CablesPower Tools (including batteries)
- Printers (small desktop printers only)
- Satellite and Cable Equipment
- Smart Phones
- Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
- Telephones (including PBX equipment)
- Televisions (CRT, flat screen, projection, console)
- Video Game Consoles
Items we do not accept:
- Items containing Freon
- Adhesives, Paints, Chemicals of any kind
- Aerosol Cans
- Air Conditioning Units
- Audio and Video Cassettes
- Bathroom Devices
(electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detectors
- CDs and DVDs
- Gas Powered Tools
- General Rubbish
- Glass, Christmas Light Bulbs, etc.
- Lamps/Light bulbs
- Lava Lamps
- Live Ammunition
- Mercury Thermometers
- Microwaves, Toasters, and other Small Kitchen Appliances
- Needles of any sort
- Pre-lit Christmas Trees
- Pressurized Canisters of any kind
- Refrigerators, Stoves, and other Large Kitchen Appliances
- Vacuums and Floor Cleaners
Disposal fees apply.
Without exception, we do not accept anything with Freon, beryllium, or mercury.
SecureShred provides a sustainable solution. 70% of heavy metals in our landfills comes from discarded electronics.